Friday, September 11, 2009

Air Jordan ...... Best Ever

The great Michael Jordan was inducted to the hall of fame today . In case you were hiding under a rock for the last 25 years you already know this . I have not seen the ceremony yet as I just got off work , but there is no need . I'm sure it was a fine ceremony but in the end just a formality .

The only reason I'm even writing this is because ( now that he is retired ) every time M.J.'s name is brought up it sparks the greatest ever conversations .

Ridiculous . There have been many times many unbelievable basketball players in the history of the sport . Guys who had skills that simply defied the senses , but if you want to say that anybody not named Michael Jordan was the best ever , then you my friend are an idiot . That's all there is to it . This is such a cut and dry conversation that I don't even need to bring statistics into the conversation . ( although I easily could )

If you want to say that Magic , Bird , Russel , Chamberlain , or anybody else was better than you are quite simply wrong . Don't get me wrong I love all those guys . They were all great . More than great actually . They were legends .

You could say to me that Larry Bird was the greatest shooter ever , ( and you would still be wrong because that distinction goes to John Havlechek ) and I would listen to your argument . If you want to say that Magic Johnson was the best point guard ever I would listen to that . Likewise if you want to say that Wilt Chamberlain had the most impact on the league in history , we could talk .

But when you want to talk about the greatest player of all time , in the history of basketball , offense , defense , and pure athletic ability , the conversation begins and ends with the man . M.J. and you know it .

Believe me as a long time Knicks fan it pains me to hype a Chicago Bull but it's true . If you don't agree then you are either the dumbest person on earth or you are a hater and just refuse to admit it . The only guy that even reminds me of his Airness is Kobe . ( another thing I hate to admit )

Like I said I need no stats for this argument . Just think about it . Think about the things you saw Michael Jordan do over his career . Just think about it . You know I am right .

No comments:

Post a Comment